top of page


Civic & Social Services Support


Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
Cash assistance is a Program providing temporary
financial assistance to needy families.
Eligibility for TANF cash assistance is determined by evaluating Specific non-financial and financial criteria. Established by federal and state regulations.
TANF and food stamps.
(334) 242-1950

Child Support Services

Being incarcerated does not excuse you
from paying child support. You can approach
the court to adjust the amount of Child Support
you must pay, but it does not change the amount
you already must pay. (look into filing a motion
of abatement to adjust. The amount owed)
Start the process of getting your children back.
Contact the Alabama Department of
Human Service, Division of Family and
Children Services. Constituent services.

(334) 242-1773
(334) 242-1950

Social Security Information

Social Security Cards

Medical insurance

Civic Engagement & Personal Identification

Driver's license or state ID
You need to have one or the other for everything.


A felony conviction does not necessarily
keep you from getting a passport.
But the final authority is the US government.
If you are permitted to have one,
some countries may still not allow entry.
And that may vary based on the offense.


Selective Services
Men 18 through 25 are required to register.
Men aged 26 and older can no longer register.
However, if they have not previously register
before age 26, could be redeemed, rendered
ineligible for some federal benefits
such as financial aid. If you weren’t castrated
between the ages 18 through 25,
you can request a status information letter from
the Selective Serviceto explain what kept you from registering. Final decisionis granted by the agency
granting the benefit not selective service

The Selective Service System –
P.O. Box 94638, Palatine, IL 60094-4638.

Voter Registration
Your right to vote is restored automatically upon
termination of your sentence, including parole and probation. However, you will need to register with
your local. County Register at least 30 days prior to
an election.


Copies of Criminal History
It is very important to review your criminal record.
You may have to answer questions about your
convictions to get a job or housing. If you don’t
fill out the forms correctly because you don’t
know what is on your record, people may think
that you are lying and lying is ground for dismissal.

Like your credit report, you want to make sure the
information is correct. Make sure no one is using
your name and make sure there are no issues with
family members with the same name. If you would
deny the job or department based on your criminal
record, you can ask for a copy of what they received.
Contact your local Sheriff’s Office or Police Department
for specific requirements about obtaining a copy of your history record.

You can also go to

(there is a fee for the transaction) or
National criminal history can be obtained from

If there is a mistake or false information, contact the
Alabama Criminal Information Center at

or at the helpline (334.676.7700)

The type of information found on the report.

Birth date
Social Security number
Arrest date.
Dates charge
Final judicial disposition

bottom of page